Ian Hank

Ian Hank

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mr. Baker B

This afternoon B asked if we could make brownies together. Since the kitchen was clean and counters were cleared off (not a common occurrence), I told him that I thought HE should make brownies. I told him that I thought he was old enough now to be able to do some baking on his own. I told him I would help by getting ingredients, and putting stuff in and taking stuff out of the oven. I told him that I was impressed by the way he cracks eggs when daddy makes crepes and how he is good at fractions and measuring things. I told him I was confident that he could do it on his own. He was SO excited, but also a bit nervous. After reassuring him that it didn't matter if the brownies "got messed up" (as he said), he got a chair and was ready to go. He put in ALL the ingredients, mixed it up, and poured it into the pan. I put it in the oven while he tasted the spoon.

The brownies turned out GREAT! He was SO proud! He couldn't wait for daddy and everyone else to try HIS brownies.

Mixing the ingredients together

Just look at his masterpiece

YUM!

No comments: