Ian Hank

Ian Hank

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winning Week

This week was a very good one for winning. On Friday, I took Ian, Amelia, little Ben, and Chloe to a Sesame Street themed cooking class at Bean Sprouts Cafe in the Madison Children's Museum. They gave each of the kids 2 vouchers for free tickets to see Sesame Street Live this weekend, plus they had a drawing for 4 VIP tickets to meet and greet Elmo and the gang plus have seats up front for the show. Our family won! We had pretty good odds since I brought 4 of the 6 kids that were in the class. Everyone had put their name in and the chef had a mom draw in front of us. Ian got a small Elmo stuffed animal (a great pre Gotcha Day gift). Everyone received coloring books, crayons, and stickers. Tomorrow, Ian, Amelia, Chloe, and possibly little Ben (he may not be up for it with the costumed characters) get to do the meet and greet with the characters before the show.

Today I received an email that I won a contest for www.kokoliving.com. They posted on Facebook that if you "like" them on Facebook, post their site on your blog, and follow them on Twitter, you would be entered in a drawing for one of three $10 gift cards for Toys R Us. I got home tonight to find out that I was one of the 3 lucky winners. My egift card was in my email inbox.

Ben and I stopped at ALCS today for their cookie and craft sale. We entered a contest for a Free photography mini session photo shoot and upon arriving home, we found out we won. Way to go Ben! Can't wait to use it this Spring!

Overall, it has been a winning week. Despite winning things, I reflect on this day as a day that changed our lives as we moved from being a 4 person family to 5. I feel like a winner everyday as I get to spend my days with my kids. I can't imagine a better prize than that of being a stay at home mom to my amazing kids. I am so thankful that we are a family and I look forward to many winning years ahead.

No comments: